Thursday, October 25, 2007

1-2 Email Copy Punch

The 1-2 Email Copywriting Punch:
How To Get Your Emails Opened, Read, and Responded To

------------------------------
------------------------

The power of email marketing is truly the "killer app" of
the Internet. (Yes, it still works and will continue
working.) Personally, I've witnessed some incredible
results from my own email marketing campaigns:

* $43,668.73 in 24 hours from a tiny list of 4200
people and that figure ballooned to over six-figures
in less than 4 days.

* 2 emails brought in over $52,275.00 in less than
14 days from a tiny group of 1267 recipients.

And if you read on, I'll share with you 2 little-known
factors to achieving results like this in your own email
marketing campaigns. I call it my "one-two knockout punch"!

The first thing you have to realize is what I'm about to
share has been around *way* before the Internet. The simple
truth is that people don't change and if you understand
human psychology you can make lots and lots of money
online.

Your first job is get your email opened. Now, I'm going to
make an assumption here; That you are only using your own
opt-in list, I don't have enough room here to tell why you
should - so please just trust me.

Now, according to eMarketer.com, Americans get an average
of 15.2 email messages a day and that number continues to
rise. That means unless your email's subject line is
compelling - your message will wind up in the trash faster
than you can blink!

One of the best ways to create a persuasive subject line is
to incorporate curiosity. Here are a few examples of
powerful subject lines:

Hi ! ... just checking in ...

- I'm finally spilling my guts...

- I goofed...

, what do you think?

, Oh no, you didn't

Open this before 7:15 p.m

* * *

When you receive something like this in your email box,
it's very hard not to take a peek and open it up. Remember
this is very important, your subject line is like a
kamikaze bomber, its only job is to get your email opened.

----------------
Side note: Every part of your email has to have a job to do
and the body of your email is no different. I've had the
most success sending out a small 'teaser' in the email and
then directed them to a web site for full details to
close the sale.
---------------

Okay, so now what?

Once you got your prospect to open the email, you had
better grab their attention and keep them reading. Frankly,
the absolute best way in the world I know is to use a
story.

From the ancient times to current day - stories continue to
hold readers and listeners spellbound. There is nothing
better than a good story. It works almost like magic. You
can give people information and motivate using stories
without having the barriers that come up normally. This is
a seldom used copywriting technique that work wonders in
email.

Here are a few examples I've successfully used:

* * *

Hi ,

I stumbled across something unusual recently....

And as a valued subscriber I wanted to let you know about
it.

A few months ago I met a man named John Harricharan at a
seminar, who graciously offered me his material to review.

I smiled and politely thanked him but I knew that I
probably wouldn't get around to reading it anytime soon.
(You should see my stack of reading material to get to and
I'm actually a quick reader.)

But as luck would have it, I was going away on my honeymoon
one week after this seminar and I decided to bring some
'lighter' reading along.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I read a book that
didn't deal with the subject of marketing or advertising,
but once I started reading John's material on the airplane
and I couldn't put it down.

It was simply incredible!

(copy continues)...

* * *

* * *

Dear ,

Last month I was sitting on a plane on my way to speak at
an Internet marketing seminar. Instead of catching up on my
reading, I struck up a conversation with my neighbor. He
told me he had just graduated college with a marketing
degree.

I hesitated for a second, not knowing if I should tell him
what I really thought, but I went ahead anyway...

I confided in him that I had also graduated with a BS in
marketing, actually a top 25 business school, but that I
*never* learned anything useful in my marketing classes.

He was stunned.

I went on to tell him there was just *one* critical skill
(something I never learned from any stodgy professor) that
has been responsible for the majority of my success, both
online and off.

I know this might seem hard to believe, but it's true and I
have proven it time and time again. As I've grown and built
several successful web sites, plus my offline businesses, I
have always relied on this *one* critical skill.

And do you want to know what I told him it was?

It's simple....

(copy continues)...

* * *

I guarantee by simply using this proven "one-two
knockout punch", I just illustrated, you'll see your next
email campaign produce incredible results. Get ready to
click...send...and make money!

Remember this is just a tiny portion of the copywriting
information covered inside the Ultimate At-Home Internet
Copywriting Workshop.

No comments: